Clubcard Customer Charter
Clubcard/Biz Clubcard (collectively referred to as “Clubcard’) is all about helping you get the most out of our products and services and is our way of saying thank you for shopping at Tesco.
We know you expect us to take great care with your personal details and this is the reason we created the Clubcard Customer Charter to tell you the way we protect your privacy.
- We will use your personal details to send you information related to Clubcard such as statements, vouchers, coupons as well as relevant offers and promotions which may be of interest to you
- We may share your personal details across the Tesco Group to offer you personalised offers and promotions to enhance your shopping experience with Tesco
- We may also share your personal details to third parties who provide services to our business operations, facilitate our services and benefits to our Clubcard members and such other service providers
- Personal details that we collect about you include amongst others, your name, address, date of birth, phone numbers and email address
- From time to time, we may contact you on offers and information for products and services provided by Tesco and/or our selected business partners. Of course, if you have chosen not to receive such offers and information, we will respect your wishes and endeavour to fulfil your request immediately upon your notification. Please allow sufficient time for your request to be processed. However, this means you could be missing out on some of the major benefits of Clubcard, such as money-off coupons and exclusive offers offered by Tesco and our selected business partners
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you:
- register with Clubcard
- use your Clubcard, in whatever form, when you buy products or services e.g. in-store, online, through our selected partners, or take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- contact Clubcard in writing or call our Helpline at 1 300 13 1313
We will notify you when you are first asked to provide us with your personal data, whether such information is essential or optional for purposes of your Clubcard application.
Using your information
Collecting your personal information helps Tesco to better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
- manage and improve the scheme.
- administer your account and send you your statement and mailings.
- understand your shopping behaviour in order to develop and improve our products and services.
- send you vouchers and/or relevant coupons which you have earned as a Clubcard member.
- manage offers and promotions provided by Tesco and/or our selected business partners.
- manage competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires
- check and verify your identity.
Your personal information is safe with us and will only be released to companies within the Tesco Group.
Other Tesco products and services
We may share your personal information across the Tesco Group so they can provide you with relevant products and services. They may ask you for your Clubcard details and, if so, explain how your information will be used by them.
Marketing and research
Unless you indicate otherwise, we may contact you:
- with offers and information about Tesco products or services
- with offers and information about partners' products or services
- for customer research e.g. to help improve our services
Of course, the choice is entirely yours, but if you say you do not want to receive marketing information from us this will prevent you from receiving great offers or promotions that may be of interest to you.
We use a system of classifying the different types of cookies which we use on the Website, or which may be dropped by third parties through our websites. The classification explains more about the cookies we use, the reason we use them, and the functionality you will lose if you decide you don't want to have them on your device.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
Persistent cookies - these cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies - these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Cookies used on the Website
A list of all the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited.
These cookies collect information about the way of visitors use the Website, for instance pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Using browser settings to manage cookies
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Disclosure and transfer of your information
We may disclose your information to anyone within or outside the Tesco Group (within or outside Malaysia), where we have your consent or where we are required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to us or any successors in title to our business, which may include.
(i) entities within Tesco Group of Companies (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners)
(ii) selected business partners that we collaborate with to provide you with offers and benefits as a Clubcard member
(iii) bank and financial institutions for billing or payment purposes relating to your purchase, or
(iv) third parties appointed by us to process Clubcard information or to facilitate our service to you such as printing companies, mailing companies, advertising agencies and other service providers
Accessing your information
To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact our Clubcard Helpline on 1 300 13 1313. Please confirm your Clubcard number and any details to help us identify and locate your information. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we will amend them.
If you have any queries, please contact our Helpline at 1300 13 1313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.